Hi
I am having a problem with apsx pages, templating and the character encoding. The TeamSite box that I am using has the .NET framework installed. The aspx pages virtualise properly. The problem is when I create a new template.
The template is to produce an aspx page as specified in the templating.cfg file by the extension attribute. Then I developed my datacapture form which allows the users to use the Visual Editor to enter text. The users are able to run the template and generate pages etc perfectly fine. So far so good. The problem is when the user uses the visual editor and inserts page breaks that the output gets the funny "A" character. I read Knowledge Base notes 2240 and 1912 and have ensured that the generated page has the META line at the start of the template (as below). However, this does not seem to the fix the problem.
<![CDATA[ <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> ]]>
If I convert the above parameters such that the generated file is an html one and the user still uses Visual Editor the funny "A" character seems to disappear and hence KB note 2240 comes to the rescue. However, it does not if the output is to be an aspx page.
To me it clearly is an .NET issue of some sort since with plain html pages the character does not appear but with .aspx type pages it appears.
Thanks a lot
Edited by ankchopra on 06/02/04 07:35 PM (server time).