I haven't gotten around to trying this out myself yet, and I'm currently bogged down with other things - but I'm curious if anyone else has tried this and whether or not it works.
Often one has a db directive in their ddclient.cfg file that will generally have variables for things like the user, password, etc. to be used for making the connection (e.g., user="$user^").
For some time now, however, it has been possible to define all the database information in database.xml and have your ddclient.cfg simply refer to the name of the entry in that file, so you don't have to repeat the same N lines of code multiple times for different deployment options in your ddclient.cfg.
What I'm curious about is whether you can use variables in database.xml, refer to that entry in your ddclient.cfg, and still have the variable substitution take place when you pass in values on the command line.
Has anyone done this? Does it work?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com