Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
BUG - Bad File Extensions from Short Circuit Task
MattH
Running MediaBin 4.5
I have a number of tasks which ingest files of various formats and automate conversion to different sizes and file formats. No matter what file format encoder is creating my destination file, the fileextesion reflects the filetype of the source file, not the file type I created.
This is a major pain and should never have gotten to a shipping product.
I can add the correct extension before the incorrect one by typing it into the HotFolder Suffix for the out file, but I end up with a file that has a correct extension followed by an incorrect extension.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
Greteings. I am not intimate with the UI of the Hot Folder editor and so I will post a follow-up once I get my question answered internally, but I can explain that adding the extension is an optional server feature ("add default extension"). If left unchecked it assumes that one wants to preserve the filename. This is a checkbox in the Windows Native Client. I will get back to you once I get reminded of how it is invoked in the Hot Folder editor.
By the way, the specific will depend on the tasks used. In particular if you use the AGS Encoder which is polymorphic, the program assumes that you are specifying the outgoing extension manually as a parameter.
More soon,
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
lyman
Aha! On further examination while this is a setting in the server, it is meant to be always on in hot folders. I guess that one slipped through. One of the features of 4.5 was an almost complete overhaul of hot folders. If you would redirect your email to
support@interwoven.com
we can get a patch out.
Thanks for catching it,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Hello,
any news on this patch? A target date would be nice
We are planning to upgrade to 4.5, but we will have to wait until this problem is solved because we have a rather large number of Hot Folders in production that do format conversions.
Folco Banfi
lyman
Greetings,
The patch is currently in testing and should be available shortly. Please contact support to make sure you are notified when it becomes available.
Thanks,
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.
lyman
I have just been informed that Hot Folder Patch #58091 should now be available on the support site.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.