Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCStd 6.1 - File/Folder Browser changes
Mongoose
I am wanting to add a action item on to the Files part of the File/Folder Browser (to the LHS of Import) and can't find where to do it :-(
Any help? I am fast becoming VERY disillusioned with version 6 and especially the Standard interface.
Regards
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bjorn
Have you read the UI Customization Guide? And looked at any of the UI customization webcasts? That would be a good place to start.
Mongoose
Sorry - but I have have read the "documentation", and watched the superb webcasts - nothing helpful
Edited by Mongoose on 06/07/04 03:47 AM (server time).
Bjorn
I can tell from your sarcasm that you must be pretty frustrated.
Maybe try this:
First, find the reference ID in the reference XML files that the UI Customization Guide talks about (pg. 23). It sounds like you'd probably want to look in ref_ccstd_ui_filesys.xml from what your first post said. I think the reference you're looking for is a heading element around like line 285 in that ref xml file.
Then, edit ui_custom.xml in your customer folder to add your new custom link / action list. If it's a link, you should probably make the new link global so you can reference it from other places (see last bullet pg. 41 in UICG). See also pg. 47 of the UICG under Reference ID for info on accessing other existingfunctionality. (Like if you wanted to add a link there to open a wizard or something).
Example -
<heading id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.filelist.heading">
<link id="cust.ccstd.list_directory.foolicious.link"
label="Access Foolicious"
description="Access the Foolicious panel to do your busy work."
icon="icons/cheesebugga.gif"/>
</heading>
Mongoose
Thankyou - works a treat
You are quite right I am frustrated - I have spent many hours trying to "shoehorn" my existing Teamsite environment into 6.1 - this has NOT been straight forward and sarcasm is as good as it gets!
Sorry if I offended!! ;-)
Andy
Bjorn
Yeah - I think the whole 6.x UI learning curve is a bit more steep than most folks would like. I think it gets worse when you want to start adding custom functionality and not just mess with the UI. Ugh.