Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple nextDeployment not working
lynnmaureen
I'm trying to set up a deployment that, once completed, triggers several deployments from the receiver to other OD servers ( some OD 5.6.0 Base, some OD 5.6.0 Receivers). I'm using the nextDeployment tag to do this, however only the first of them is being executed! The config DTD shows that multiple nextDeployments is OK.
Anyone have this problem before?
Changing the order does not seem to help - Whichever nextDeployment is first is the only one executed. There are no errors in the log, and no mention of the missing nextDeployments.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
.... triggers several deployments from the receiver to other OD servers
You need to have OD Base Server on the target node from where you want to start the next deployment. Do you have Base server or just Receiver there ?
lynnmaureen
Yes, the server from which the nextDeployments will start is a Base server. As I said, one of the nextDeployments will work, but only the first...
Adam Stoller
Hmm - the DTD would seem to support the 0-or-more way you're trying to use this directive; perhaps this never got tested / verified as being correct (DTD error) or functioning (code error)? Although a number of the OD engineers and PM do read these forums, I'd suggest you open a case with Interwoven Support for this.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Multiple next deployment isn't supported. Apparently the DTD is wrong. I've filed a bug.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
lynnmaureen
Ok, thanks for the help.
Adam Stoller
You could probably use a DNR on-success script to invoke all the sub-deployments....
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lynnmaureen
Does DNR work with reverse deployments? I couldn't get it to work... tried all combinations of target/source, before/after, and used "always" run.
The log only shows that the first-mentioned DNR is executed, successfully, but there is no evidence of the other DNR's being executed (similiar to the nextDeployment problem). Also, there is no evidence in the browser GUI that the first DNR ran - it doesn't show up in the deployments list (I am currenlty trying to determine if there is actually a log file for this DNR, since I don't have direct access to this server).
Edited by lynnmaureen on 06/07/04 09:52 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Task-level triggers should work for reverse deployments, but not deployment-level triggers (dnrDeploymentJob).
Note that when performing reverse deployments, the location "source" really means reverse target and the location "target" means reverse source. Also, the host on which you are attempting to launch another deployment must be a Base Server, not a Receiver.
One more thing... make sure that the trigger point(s) you are using make sense in the context of the deployment. For example, don't specify a before-connect trigger for the remote host.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
This is the first I can see where you mention *reverse* deployments.
Not sure if DNRs work with reverse deployments - though I imagine they should (however the logic of determining what constitutes the 'source' vs 'target' side might be a bit confusing).
I'll have to defer to someone else regarding this - I don't have time to play with it to figure out if I can get it to work for you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com