Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Customize multiple User Interfaces
coschtl
Hi all,
I am a newbie to the UI-Toolkit. Perhaps someone can help me with this:
Looking into the Customization Guide I experienced that it is possible to add own GUI components/functionality to the Teamsite 6.1 Contentcenter and restrict the acces to these components by user role. It is also possible to customize the GUI appearance. But all of these GUI changes are system wide. I couldn't find out how to restrict customizations to a specific user group (not Teamsite role!) or branch.
As we run our cms for multiple customers (where each customer has his own root branch), we want to modify the GUI for each customer separately. But the Customization Guide doesn't cover this topic...
One idea we have would be to run a own web application for each customer (i.e. iw-cc -> customer1-cc, customer2-cc). But the Customization Guide also doesn't explain how to realize that...
Any ideas?
Regards,
Stephan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
As I understand it, what you want to do is not currently doable. I imagine that in a few minutes, we'll see Michael complaining about this very thing. It's a logical thing to want to do, especially in the case where you have very different sorts of projects hosted on the same TeamSite server (the "agency" pattern, as IWOV likes to call it), so I would think that there's a feature request already open to do this. If not, you could be the guy to open it.
coschtl
Hi robhuffstedtler,
thanks for your reply.
I already suspected something like this...
So the sentence "[...]allowing for rapid, easy and consistent user interface customizations as well as facilitating the creation of completely new customer interfaces. The Tooklit ensures that all customizations are preserved for future upgrades[...]" at
http://www.interwoven.com/products/content_management/index.html
seems to be a marketing gag :-(
Perhaps somebody from Interwoven could give a statement on this?
Regards,
Stephan
Dwayne
Well, to be fair to Interwoven, it did say
rapid, easy and
consistent
user interface customizations
.
Making all changes system-wide is certainly consistent.
And then there's
facilitating
the creation of completely new customer interfaces
which they certainly have done via CSSDK. It's just a question of defining what's a "user interface customization", vs what's a "new customer interface". I suspect that you and Interwoven have different perspectives on that question.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
coschtl
So I have to write my customer interface <b>completely</b> by myself.
This sounds more like "really a lot of work" and "utilizing the API" than like "Toolkit" ;-((
BTW:
Does anybody know when Interwoven will release the next version of the UI Customization Toolkit? Perhaps I will have better luck in Release 2.0...
smenon
We are currently working on enhancing the UI Toolkit for its 2.0 incarnation targetted for release in 1H 2005.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.