Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy filtering
John742
open Deploy 5.5.1 base on Solaris , 5.5.1 receiver on Win2K with Teamsite Enviro.
Filtering appears to only have Exclude(pattern,path). How does everyone handle deploying only one certain type of files from a location that could possibly have a number of unknown file types? Is there a different filter to use or is only using regex the solution. If so does anyone have a regex for matching everthing except for a specifc file type so the Excludepattern tag can be used?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
herald10
I think using the regex is the only solution. You could use the following:
<excludePattern regex=".*\.exe$" />
[assuming exe is the extension you want to exclude]
hope that helps
-H
John742
Actually I want to do an "include only" and since OD does not provide a tag like this the regex would have to be reversed. The good news is a found it on one of the support pages. Hold your breath for this one. Here is the example they gave to only include .jsp files:
exclude_pattern=".+\.((..)|(.)|([^.]...)|(.[^j]..)|(..[^s].)|(...[^p]))$"
John742
exclude_pattern seems to be a 4x OD tag. Is this corect? the regex does not seem to work(when putting it in the 5.5.1 excludepattern format), which makes me think that the regex flavor from od4x to od5.5.1 is different. Any ideas on a regex for 5.5.1?
jbonifaci
John,
This should exclude every file that is not a .jsp:
\.(?!jsp$)|^[^.]+$
~Jeff
John742
Great thanks for the info!! I tried the expression on OD5.5.1 and it is still deploying all the files in the directory?
Here is my source part of the config file: (I cannot figuire out what I am doing wrong, but have test the filters in this config to just exclude a specific type of file and that works all ok)
<sourceFilesystem
area = "where all kinds of files exist" >
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
<filters >
<excludePattern regex="\.(?!jpg$)|^[^.]+$" >
</excludePattern>
</filters>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
jbonifaci
Hmmm, try this:
<excludePattern regex="(?x)\.(?!jpg$)|^[^.]+$" >
John742
Thanks for the try, but it is still deploying all the files in the folder.
-John
jbonifaci
I'm guessing it doesn't support extended regular expressions then,
.
columnar-list.rptdesign
John742
Thanks for the help!!! The only info I found on it was a tech note (knowledge base article 2149) from 05-29-01. Which was about regex on including only one type of file. it was -
<excludePattern regex=".+\.((..)|(.)|([^.]...)\(.[^j]..)|(..[^p].)|(...{^g]))$">
to include only .jsp files
But this just flat out fails!! I guess my only option is to rewrite the scripts to put the files in a different folder so filters are not needed!! what a pain!!
Thanks!!
-John
jbonifaci
Hey John, here's one that should work that doesn't use extended regular expressions:
(\.([^j]..|.[^p].|..[^g])$)|(\..{0,2}$)|(\..{4,}$)|(^[^\.]+$)
~Jeff
John742
This appears to be close!! but instead of deploying everything it did not deploy any files including any .jpg 's
Migrateduser
I believe if you simply upgrade to OD 5.6 you'll find there are
includePath
and
includeFilter
options available to you. Why kill yourself trying to write a complex regex when an easy solution is an upgrade away?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
NathansDIS
I dont' think we can call any of the OD/DD 5.x upgrades easy once you take install order, service packs and manual patching into account..
Migrateduser
I believe the OD upgrade is pretty simple.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
NathansDIS
Do you have DataDeploy as well? I guess you're right, the hard one to upgrade was TS 5.5.2. Before we got off TS 5.5.2, we had to do multiple uninstalls of OD, DD, TS Templating and TS and then multiple installs, service packs and patches to upgrade a TS service pack. Lets just say that it seems to be somewhat easier now on TS 6.1 and OD 6.0 due to product consolidation, but maybe it is just due to the limited number of SP and patch releases thus far.
-n
Migrateduser
No we don't use DataDeploy. but I believe DataDeploy is bundled with OpenDeploy, no? The point is, if you happen to be experiencing some particular pain, and by luck the next version of the app significantly reduces that pain, it's just silly not to upgrade. We upgraded from OD 5.5.1 to 5.6 in less than 2 hours. OpenDeploy is the most solid app IW makes. Todd is a superhero over there.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
NathansDIS
I got your point. I'm sure a regex like the ones in this thread led them to include some additional filter elements in the latest versions.
Yes, as of OD 6, DataDeploy is bundled, much like TeamSite Templating being included in TeamSite 6.x instead of being a separate install with its own service packs and patches. I have to agree that OpenDeploy is a nice product. Sometimes I do wish OD had better errors written to the log when things are not going well...
John742
Thanks for the info. I was aware of the inclusions in OD5.6 and up, but we have a plan to upgrade ALL interwoven products in 4Q so I did not want to do that now. Unfortunately, I need a solution to my problem yesterday. (appears all deadlines are yesterday anymore). So I will continue to work on the regex and if it does not work I will have to isolate my files in their own folder. I do agree that an upgrade would be easy but it is not as simple as just upgrading. This is a production issue and without first testing the upgrade in a dev enrvironment first would be asking for trouble. The preperation time to upgrade would take much longer than the process itself. AlsoI have noticed warnings in some of my log files that advise that for now certain config files will run with only a warning but in future versions it will error out, so config file syntax will also need to be tested. I have no idea why Include was put into OD so late, it makes no sense.
Migrateduser
For whatever it's worth to you, I have a regex I use in some of my OD configs that will exclude all .jhtml files
except
index.jhtml. I don't know if this will help, but it does work. It's a monster:
<excludePattern regex="(^|.*\/)(i.{1,3}|i[^\/]{5,}|i([^n][^d][^e][^x]\.)[^\/]*|[^i\/][^\/]*)\.jhtml$" />
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
I absolutely agree with needing better error reporting with OD. Some of the errors are not user-friendly at all. We often sit there scratching our heads wondering what certain errors mean and sometimes which side the error exists on and then what to do to fix it.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
NathansDIS
yup, and don't get me started on the log reader in OpenDeploy. That is one of the weakest most useless customer facing interface components in the product.
Migrateduser
Yeah, that too. The fact that you have to ask for more than 24 lines of data and there's a 1000 line limit is archaic. It's like a bad high school project.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
herald10
Assuming that you know extensions for all the existing files on source, you can do some thing like the following:
<filters>
<excludePattern regex=".+\.xml$" />
<excludePattern regex=".+\.txt$" />
</filters>
HTH
Migrateduser
Huh? Have you been paying attention to the thread? What's that supposed to do to help him do the equivalent of an
includePattern
?
RTFT!!!
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com