Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metadata capture "erases" attached DCR
ReggieRWalker
Env: TS 6.1, sp1, Win2K
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a workflow that:
(a) CGI TASK: Prompts the user for DCR type
(b) CGI TASK: Creates "blank" DCR, provides user link to edit created DCR (using EDIT CCI URL), link to attach DCR to workflow
(c) CGI TASK: Add Metadata (using iwmetadata.cgi)
(d) EXTERNAL TASK: Generates ASP file.
Unfortunately, after the user Saves and Closes the Metadata Capture screen, the DCR that is generated has been restored to the same content that the "blank" DCR has (although the DCR was edited in Step b)?!?! Am I missing something? Is this expected behavior?
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
metadata capture does not regenerate DCRs, or any other files .... Check your workflow tasks to see what else could be contrubuting to this behaviour.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
ReggieRWalker
I understand that metadata capture does not regenerate files. I have an external task that generates the files. When I "Save & Close" the metadata capture screen, the workflow transitions to the generate task, at which point the DCR's content has been "erased." I'll file a support case, I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen that behavior.
Thanks
Adam Stoller
are you sure the content is there when you go to set the metadata?
if so - I'd look at your generate script.
if not - I'd look at what comes before the set metadata step
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ReggieRWalker
Thanks Fish.
I checked the DCR right before the metadata task - it's there- right *after* I click "Save and Close" I check again and it's gone...
So, it's actually changing before it gets to the generate script. Weird huh?
Could it be something in the iwmetadata.cgi?
Adam Stoller
Doesn't make any sense to me the way you describe it - I'd suggest opening a case with support - but I'm not sure they'll be able to help you either unless they can recreate the problem in-house
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
you should probably explain the process better. E.g.,do you set metadata on a DCR on on a ASP page? If it's on DCR, why? etc, etc.
I am with fish, when he says that this does not make sense to him...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
ReggieRWalker
Thanks for your help guys. Nevermind....I'll figure it out.
Thanks anyway