Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
automatic attachment of DCR - TS 6.1
gzevin
well, this is what I've found VERY troublesome.
In a workflow, if somebody tries to edit a templated file, DCT comes up, after save of this DCR, workflow window refreshes itself and that DCR is now appears attached to the workflow.
somebody might think - what a great feature - but, unfortunately, we do set metadata in the workflow an I DO NOT want DCRs to be tagged. And I attach DCRs to the workflow anyway, in an external task, just before the submit.
does anybody know HOW to disable this 'feature'?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I don't know how to disable it, but, as a workaround, you could explicitly remove any DCRs that are attached, via logic in the <template_script> section of your WFT file. Of course, that does prevent a user from explicitly attaching a DCR to a workflow as well.
I suppose you could put logic in that only removed a DCR if a page generated from that DCR is also attached.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
gzevin
well, this happens in real time - not at the time a WFT is initialised. by default it just has templated files, no DCRs (actually, by the perverted logic that created this unconfigurable features in both wizard in CC STD and in CC PRO, DCRs should have been included by some internal script, that definitely does exist). So the DCRs are attached as you save the form.. how can you control it?
I almost lost my patience with 6.1... what a bunch of ****.....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Dwayne
So the DCRs are attached as you save the form... how can you control it?
I'm guessing from context that the "form" you're describing is the WFT instantiation form, rather than the DCR's data entry form. I haven't done the digging into the exact sequence of events to know that's how it happens.
But even if it does, you can still work around it. It's just a bit more work. You could either have your start task be an externaltask which explicitly removes the DCR, or, if your current start task is the metadata capture CGI, build a CGI "wrapper" that removes the DCR, and then invokes the "real" metadata capture. The external task method is simpler, but it has the disadvantage of causing the "immediate='t'" flag to be ignored if your start task is a CGI task.
Granted, it would be nice to be able to simply disable this "feature," and that sounds like a good feature request to file. But Interwoven has taken a lot of heat from customers, saying that the product is to complex to configure now. With more flexibility in configuration comes more complexity in configuration. It seems that Interwoven product management has decided to err on the side of simplicity. i personally think they've gone too far with this, but I can still understand their perspective.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
gzevin
well, it happens in either user- or group- task.
yes, I've been thinking about another external task that will sit in between that user task and MD capture and will detach DCRs....
Bravo, IWOV, more consulting chargeable time for me!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
jbyork
Why not configure metadata capture so that DCRs do not match the meta rules? That has worked fine in TS 5.x. The metdata capture screen still comes up, but there are no fields visible for the user to fill in... thus, no metadata captured.
Dwayne
But which UI does it use? The "single file" UI, or the "multiple file" UI. If only a single file is being tagged, the UI is much "friendlier" than if multipe files are being tagged. If the DCR is excluded via a rule, reducing the effective file count to 1, does MT revert to the single file view?
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
gzevin
can you ensure automatic naming of dcrs with appropriate extensions? usually DCRs do not have any extensions in teamSite. And somehow there are no rules that would use EAs....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Dwayne
The rules don't have to be based on extension. You could set up a <cond> where the vpath contains "templatedata" and either have no rule associated with it (if that's allowed) or have a dummy rule if requred. It would be nice if the metadata-rules.cfg file allowed for a negative match on the regex, but it doesn't, as far as I know
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
gzevin
well, I got a 'feature request' filed ....
**** ****! they change the existing functionality, and then you have to *ASK* to get the previous functionality BACK!!!! I am angry!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU