Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
javaw.exe hogging cpu on W2k TeamSite server
NathansDIS
Hello All-
On our TeamSite 6.1 server running on Windows 2000, I have noticed that the javaw.exe process in intermittently and regularly using up 25% of the cpu. This utilization lasts for a minute or so then is gone, however it does seem to be on and off in a regular cycle. Has anyone seen anything like this before on their TS server? BTW, we just recently upgraded to OpenDeploy 6.0 on this server.
Any and all comments and information is much appreciated.
Cheers,
Nathan
Washington State DIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Yes, I've seen it and I'm not even using OD. I didn't do anything explicit to stop it from happening, but it just stopped being a problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I wanted to let you know you're not alone!
Dave
NathansDIS
Did this stop after a reboot, and iwreset or anything like that?
Migrateduser
Well, yes, but I don't know that this is what solved it. Assuming you're not interfering with anyone's work, restarting / rebooting is always a safe (and easy) bet.
If you haven't tried it, go ahead -- maybe javaw.exe's stuck on a zombie process or something.
Dave
Migrateduser
If you download process explorer from sysinternals.com, you might be able to find out enough about the process (argument list, where it's running, and so on) to have a better idea what it's up to.