Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Best Practices
Eron
I am wondering if there is a "Best Practices" document available that would describe how to best develop HTML templates for Team Site. I am an outside developer who is creating HTML pages for an organization that uses Team Site. The site needs to be accessible, etc, but on top of that, it has to be Team Site friendly. I am looking for resources that will help me create quality code for Team Site.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Whoever is developing your presentation templates may have his/her own set of issues, but these are 3 that I think are pretty good guidelines all the way around:
1. Make sure you HTML is fully XHTML compliant
2. Use CSS. Don't go nuts with the font tags and tables. It isn't 1998 anymore.
3. Be careful with relative paths.
To expand on this, the issue is that TeamSite is going to create a temp file during preview. You can control where this file goes with some options in templating.cfg, but unless the template is only going to be used in one particular place in the site (or at least at the same level of depth in the navigation), relative links are likely to break during preview. This can be addressed with some failover remapping, but it's generally safer and saner to just use absolute paths.
Eron
Thank you for your response.
I am also wondering how folks feel about the plugin for dreamweaver that's kind of a codeSweeper for Team Site development. Since I don't actually have a copy of teamsite, I am sort of looking for ways to validate my code before turning it over to the client.