Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
"No server found" problem
tempnick
I installed 6.1 (Windows 2000, SP4) in April for sandbox/dev purposes, kicked the tires a bit, installed & viewed some content, then left it dormant 'til last week. Much to my dismay, when I tried to revisit it to begin 6.1 development, I got the "No server found" message (and the red circle with minus sign icon) in the CC start page.
Checked the logs.... Other than the gap in time between server startups and the ubiquitess "no valid submit.cfg..." messages, there was no indication of a problem. The Y: drive came up with all the content in it as I left it. The services all come up (including iwwebd after manually running the iwwebd_install.ipl script and doing the service rename).
Does anyone have a clue what happened? Did TS get mad that I didn't use it for a couple of months or what?
Thanks to anyone with ideas...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
If you had a temporary license key in your iw.cfg file for your sandbox, it could have expired.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
tempnick
Don't have a temporary license key that's expired.
Anyway, something like that would register in the logs, prevent the Y: drive from mounting, stop the server service from starting, ... or some combination of the above. Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.
I hate it when TS goes "Nya nya nya-nya nya!" without giving me a clue as to why it's razzing me.
mgal
Run iwstat -c and check if the server is running or frozen ? Also check iwserver log iwevents log for more clue on what might have happened
Hope this helps
Mohammed Gazal.
tempnick
Thanks for the suggestions. But, as I said before, the server is running and there is nothing in the logs... if there were anything in there I would have noticed.
c>iwstat -c
Store Status
default Running
**** Running
workflow Running
iwevents.log:
...
[Thu Apr 22 21:44:56 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Thu Apr 22 21:51:18 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Tue Apr 27 14:37:27 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Tue Apr 27 14:43:33 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Wed Apr 28 20:28:12 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Wed Apr 28 20:33:40 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Thu May 06 11:03:23 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Fri Jun 04 08:38:09 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Fri Jun 04 08:51:54 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Fri Jun 04 09:15:31 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Fri Jun 04 09:21:59 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Fri Jun 04 09:22:07 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Sun Jun 06 19:10:21 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Sun Jun 06 20:10:21 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
[Sun Jun 06 22:38:41 2004] SYSTEM master ShutDown
[Sun Jun 06 22:43:20 2004] SYSTEM master StartUp
iwovGraduate
Tried iwreset ? iwreset -a ? iwreset -ui ? reboot ?
Which log files have you looked at ?
What browser version are you using ? Tried anything different ?
You mentioned something about manually running iwwebd_install.ipl and renaming the service. Why was that ? Do you have any customizations in the UI ?
If you are sure about nothing in the logs, etc., I would suggest open a case with support.
nipper
THat is iwevents, how about iwserver.log iwtrace.log, servletd.log, etc
tempnick
Thanks to all who chimed in to try and help.
Rather than keep scratching our collective heads to try and figure "it" out I just bailed out & reinstalled the darn thing.
Back in business. Now I can move on to debugging the same old mundane problems that always seem to come up after a reinstall... like why I get "Connection Failed / iwproxy was unable to open a connection to: 123.321.111.222:81 / Reason: No error" when I try to view html. I just love that "Reason: No error" part.
I thought Interwoven would eventually stop being a signator to the "Consultants Full Employment Act" and work on developing an install that creates a more robust executable instead of something that needs tender loving care to become fully useful. Seems like a lot of the effort on the new install was placed in developing useless visual froo froo. I wonder how many epileptic seizures have been triggered by people looking at all those whirling dervishes in the Windows install.