Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
remove Browse from CCS Content portlet in 6.1
rapid
TeamSite 6.1 on W2K
Customized CCS so that under the Content portlet when you click on the branch:workarea name, directory browsing is enabled.
(as per uicg.610.cg.pdf, page 53)
In other words, it behaves exactly like when you click on the "Browse" link.
Now, we need to get rid of the "Browse" column in the Content portlet in CCS entirely.
I tried deleting the va_preview link, but that does delete this.
Any ideas how this can be done?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bjorn
First you need to find the right reference in the reference XML files that IW provides. It's kind of ghetto, but I've found the easiest way to do it is just to search all the files in the reference folder for an ID you know would apply to your situation. In XP this is easy by right clicking on the folder and choosing search, making sure that the option to search subfolders is selected.
So, in this case, I tried searching for "_iw.ccstd.common.browse.link". I know I wouldn't want to delete that globally because then all the browse links throughout the application would be gone, but I knew I could then isolate the elements that had that specific refid attribute and eventually find the one that applied to the browse link in the Content portlet.
In the file ref_ccstd_ui_portal.xml it is:
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.my_content.browse_content.actionlist">
<link id="iw.ccstd.my_content.browse_content_actionlist_browse.link" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.browse.link"/>
</action-list>
Then you modify your ui_custom.xml appropriately, rebuild the webapp and you're in business.
Example:
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.my_content.browse_content.actionlist">
<iwov-delete>
<link id="iw.ccstd.my_content.browse_content_actionlist_browse.link" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.browse.link"/>
</iwov-delete>
</action-list>
rapid
worked perfectly. Thanks.
I had previously done the same steps you had mentioned, but i guess was deleting the wrong link.
Thanks again.