Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
PDF with metadata in an XML file
kv9
Hi,
I am getting pdf files into Teamsite from an external system. For each pdf, I also get an xml which has its metadata(name, date, author, etc.). Is there a script which would tie the xml to the appropriate pdf and set its metadata?
Thanks for your help and input.
KV.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't believe there is any OOTB script that will do that - but assuming the XML is reasonably formed and easy to decipher, you should be able to create such a script yourself (or have a reasonably competent consultant assist you)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
while I am not that familiar with Meta Tagger, I wonder whether it could be* trained* to do this?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Not sure what you mean here but Fish's suggestion is the correct way to do this.
NIkko
gzevin
I am not arguing with fish's way of doing it, I would probably have done it the same way. I am saying that maybe Metatagger could be configured so it does not harvest MD from PDFs, but also looks into XML files.... But probably I am dreaming...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
kv9
We do not have MetaTagger. By the way, I have a perl script which takes the elements of the xml and displays it in a form(html). I need some suggestions on how to auto-populate these values in the metadata capture form and save automatically(without any user being involved). Also, I am thinking of a logic to handle multiple pdf and xml files(a.pdf/a.xml, b.pdf/b.xml, etc).
Thanks for your contribution and would appreciate more input.
KV.
Adam Stoller
You don't need to populate the MDC form (especially if you don't want user interaction) - you simply need to call iwextattr (multiple times) with the correct parameters. E.g.:
iwextattr -s "TeamSite/Metadata/Subject=This is My Subject" /default/main/.../data/xml.dcr
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
kv9
Hi,
Could you tell me the series of steps involved in publishing the page. For example, writing the *.ipl script. Calling it in the *.wft and so on. Since, I am new to Teamsite, I would like to know the lifecycle of publishing a page and the files which I have to modify to do so.
I have the .ipl file with the script to attach iwextattr ready.
Thanks,
KV.
Adam Stoller
Spend some cash and take some training - web-based or in-class - either way, that's what its there for. If after the class(es) you still have questions about this - then post a more specific question and it will be easier for us to assist you.
As it stands - what you're asking for is a free-by-forum training class on how to use TeamSite. Takes too much [non-paid] time, and it's a poor medium to use for such an activity.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com