Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Locked files in STAGING
princefarming
Hi there,
I don't know if I've read the documentation correctly or not, but we have a case where a file is locked in STAGING, I'm not sure how it got locked there either. Can files be locked in STAGING, should they be?
I tried to do this via the "unlock" command line, and when I tried to lock a file in STAGING I got an error message that it couldnt' find a workarea. So as far as I can tell you can't lock a file in STAGING.
I'm a little puzzled by this can anyone shed some light? I'm using TS 6.1 on Windows 2003 server btw.
Thanks,
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you sure it's locked in staging - and not locked in a workarea (and only representing that it's locked in staging)?
How are you determining that the file is locked in staging?
What kind of locking model is the branch configured for? The default (submit lock) or one of the alternatives involving write-locking?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
princefarming
The way i'm determining is by looking thru the gui, I've navigated to the STAGING area and looked at the file, it has a lock on it and even in the properties it says it's locked by the SYSTEM. The branch has the default (submit lock).
Is there a command that can give me more info too?
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
princefarming
OK I may be barking up the wrong tree on this. I didn't realize or forgot, that if you lock a file in a workarea it locks it in STAGING. Sorry for the confusion.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group