Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Conditional Dialogs
dmjames
Is there any way to have certain users have a different "Edit Profile" screen? For a few documents in the firm, I'd like to use some of the additional custom fields. Since it's only a few documents, I'd prefer to not list these fields on everyone's "Edit Profile" screen.
I know how to use the Dialog Editor, etc., but I can only see a way to change the dialog firm-wide. Any way to change it for just selected users? Or would there be another way, for just selected documents, to enter data in some of the additional custom fields?
Thanks,
Dave James
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
No, there isn't a way to switch profile dialogs by user; they can only be database-specific.
What you could do is add the profile fields through the Dialog Editor, then use NRS scripting via the SDK, to enable/disable those fields based on the current user.
In EditProf.nrs, you may catch the OnitDialog event to check the current user by implementing the following:
[EditProf.nrs]
Sub EditProfileDlg_OnInitDialog(dlg)
Dim dms, username
' Get the currently established DMS object
Set dms = Context("NRTDMS")
' Get the current user id from the connected session
username = dms.Sessions(1).UserID
MsgBox "The current user is: " & username
...
' TODO: call dlg.SetAttributeValueByID Method to determine enabling/disabling the specified field(s).
End Sub
Please see the SDK manual VBScript.pdf/VB Scripting for WorkSite Dialogs.pdf for further implementation details. Specifically, look for reference info from this manual for EditProf.nrs, SetAttributeValueByID Method, and AttributeID Enum (which represents the set of profile field ID's).
dmjames
jny, thanks for the reply. I only need to use the addtional fields for a small percentage of our documents (<1%, I'm sure), so having disabled fields visible to every user for every document would be a pain. I decided to have the information entered via a separate form that calls the SDK. A two-step process for these documents, but much less disruptive to the organization's workflow.
Dave James