Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Opendeploy-Urgent
ramam77
Hi,
I am using Teamsite6.1 and OpenDeploy 5.6 admin and baseserver with service pack1 . On my Target servers i have installed Opendeploy Reciever with servicepack 1.I have 4 target servers 2 webserver and 2 appserver. I have configured the odreciever in all the machines. I m doing a filelist deployment. When i run my deployment configuration i ma getting an error saying "duplicated destination area is not allowed". Can anybody tell whats the problem.My deployment configuration file is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<deploymentConfiguration >
<logRules maxBytes="2" level="verbose" >
</logRules>
<localNode host="ssuniprnd" />
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="iCardWeb">
<nodeRef useNode="euriws1" transactional="yes"/>
<nodeRef useNode="ssuniprnd" transactional="yes"/>
</replicationFarm>
<replicationFarm name="iCardApp">
<nodeRef useNode="eurics1" transactional="yes"/>
<nodeRef useNode="ssunwasrnd" transactional="yes"/>
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="iCardWebDef" >
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="$source^" filelist="$filelist^">
<pathSpecification >
<path name="import/webserver" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="iCardWeb" >
<targetFilesystem area="/picsreg1/docs/citibank/icard/$cc^" >
</targetFilesystem>
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" revert="no" ignoreAcls="yes" ignoreModes="no" ignoreUser="no" ignoreGroup="no" >
</comparisonRules>
<permissionRules amask="" omask="" directory="0755" file="0755" group="icsgrp" user="picsapp1" >
</permissionRules>
</target>
</definition>
<definition name="iCardtplDef" >
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="$source^" filelist="$filelist^" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="import/appserver/tpl" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="iCardApp" >
<targetFilesystem area="/picsreg1/WebSphere/citibank/icard/$cc^/tpl" >
</targetFilesystem>
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" revert="no" ignoreAcls="yes" ignoreModes="no" ignoreUser="no" ignoreGroup="no" >
</comparisonRules>
<permissionRules amask="" omask="" directory="0755" file="0755" group="icsgrp" user="picsapp1" >
</permissionRules>
</target>
</definition>
<definition name="iCardicsDef" >
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="$source^" filelist="$filelist^" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="import/appserver/ics" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="iCardApp" >
<targetFilesystem area="/picsreg1/ics" >
</targetFilesystem>
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" revert="no" ignoreAcls="yes" ignoreModes="no" ignoreUser="no" ignoreGroup="no" >
</comparisonRules>
<permissionRules amask="" omask="" directory="0755" file="0755" group="icsgrp" user="picsapp1" >
</permissionRules>
</target>
</definition>
<definition name="iCardrbDef" >
<source >
<sourceFilesystem area="$source^" filelist="$filelist^" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="import/appserver/rb" >
</path>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="iCardApp" >
<targetFilesystem area="/picsreg1/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/$cc^.ear/$cc^.war/citibank/icard/$cc^/include/rb" >
</targetFilesystem>
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" revert="no" ignoreAcls="yes" ignoreModes="no" ignoreUser="no" ignoreGroup="no" >
</comparisonRules>
<permissionRules amask="" omask="" directory="0755" file="0755" group="icsgrp" user="picsapp1" >
</permissionRules>
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="iCardWebDef" >
</execDeploymentTask>
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="iCardtplDef" >
</execDeploymentTask>
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="iCardicsDef" >
</execDeploymentTask>
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="iCardrbDef" >
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Regards,
Nirmala
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
This sounds like a bug (#37666) that was in OD 5.6 and fixed in SP1. Are you sure you installed SP1 on the base server?
Would be good to also install the latest patch on top of SP1.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
lynnmaureen
I am getting the same error, and we will now be upgrading to OD 5.6 SP1... soon. However, even if I change the target directories for each deployment-definition to be on completely different drives, I still get the error. I'm trying to fix this *now*, since it could be awhile before I can install SP1.
The 2nd deployment definition might seem a little odd, but it is there so that I can run a nextDeployment from the source host. It doesn't actually deploy any files.
ENG: 2004-06-10 09:11:30 EDT GMT-04:00 ***ERROR - Failed converting config file
\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1\conf\STEP_2.xml.
Error : CONFIG_FILE.
Details: Duplicated destination area is not allowed: 'E:/sites/hrdc-drhc/docroot'
Adam Stoller
I believe the bug is due to having multiple target nodes - where it doesn't distinguish between the target path on one node from the target path on another node - the bugfix (which is in SP1) fixes that problem.
Without the patch, you *might* be able to work around it by creating distinct replicationFarmSets and multiple copies of the definitions and execDeploymentTasks - but I think applying the SP is a much simpler, cleaner solution.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lynnmaureen
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I couldn't find anything more descriptive about the bug than what is listed in the fixed bugs list for SP1.