Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Documentation about workflow rules
Fabio
Hi,
I am looking for some documentation about workflow creation rules in order to answer questions like:
1) Is there a limit of approvers that I can use in a workflow?
2) If a approver is not available, is there a way to redirect the approval flow?
3) And other questions like these...
Could you help me?
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You might consider going through some workflow training - especially if you can go to a lecture/lab type class - as you can ask questions like this and get the instructor and other classmates to assist in answering the questions.
However, [1] there is no hard limit on the number of users (approvers or otherwise) who can be associated with a workflow - but the more individuals you have involved the more complex the workflow is likely to be (or are you talking about grouptasks where N users can be in a pool of which one takes ownership of the task?). [2] There are a number of ways to deal with an unavailable task assignee - you can use a timeout on the task to redirect to an administrator or the owner of the workflow (or master user) can re-assign the task via the Job Admin menu options within the TS GUI, or they can do it from the command line using existing CLTs, or they can use a custom menu item designed to do essentially the same thing. [3] I suggest you read the manual and the workflow tutorial supplement (available on DevNet - just search for it on the site)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Here's the link to the Workflow Supplement Tutorial that Adam refers to:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/048805
regards,
lissa
NathansDIS
Hey Adam, I really like your tutorial supplement. Is there anyone at IW who plans to update the tutorial to reference the current versions of TS?
Adam Stoller
I'm glad you like it.
Chances are it's now in the hands of the people responsible for maintaining the workflow manual ... I'll let you draw your own conculsion from there.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Uh oh. Well it was good while it lasted anyway. Best workflow document ever produced.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
gzevin
well, my (and Powell Trussler's) Templating Best Practices document is also in its original shape, no-one has changed it for a couple of years. I guess Powell is also no longer with IWOV?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
I last saw him about a year ago, when he was working with us on a TeamCatalog implementation. I didn't know that you and he had written a templating doc. Is that available anywhere?
gzevin
I guess it was available from the support site. If you can't find it, give me a buzz, I'll mail it to you. I have both our version and the IWOV document without our names on it
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
I see two possible contenders on DevNet:
TeamSite Templating Strategies (048601)
, and
Templating Tutorial for TeamSite 5.x (048599)
Are either of these the document you're talking about Greg?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
yep, the second one. ("The Tutorial")
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU