Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.5 show user & role in GUI
markg
I just upgraded from TS 552 to 65 and appreciate the new look and functionality of the GUI. However, I do miss the user name and role that were displayed in the TS 552 GUI. I have looked/searched for a way to add it back with to no avail. Does anyone else miss that information or know how to get it back under TS 65? Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you hover over the 'about' link in the upper-right-hand corner [CCPro] it will display the information - I believe at one point awhile ago, someone posted how you could adjust things to display it in the UI if you wanted - but you'd have to search for it or figure your own way through on doing it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
markg
Thanks for the tip, should have guessed hover over about = user/role.
DavidMusser
Also if you look under iwhome\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_samples_src\etc\conf\customers_samples\portal_custom.xml you will see that they have a sample where you can add that back as a portlet. They have created a customer-user-portlet.
-D
markg
Thank you for pointing that file out. However the example requires that you write showcurrentuser. (I don't believe showcurrentuser is a provided function. If exist somewhere, I'd be glad to find it)
Johnny
Look through the samples directory shown above (iwhome\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_samples_src\)
It contains all the supporting files (servlets, jsps etc)
John Cuiuli