Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
non-DCR format DCR XML
System
In 5.5.2 or 6 is it possible to have a DCT that creates DCRs in a format other than Interwoven DCR XML? I know it's supposedly possible to convert a DTD to a DCT, but I'm wondering if it's possible to skip the DCR XML and store the DCR in a custom XML format. I can't find anything about this in the docs, but it seems like there has been some discussion on this topic.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Drew_The_Goat
Hi Jimmy,
Yeah this is totally possible in TeamSite 6x. There are new item and container attributes (called "pathid" and "location") that let you write a completely custom XML structure in a DCR file. The cool thing is that you also are not limited to how the DCT form is composed on the UI side. You can have a set of fields in one order for display purposes, but then take the values and put them in totally different nodes, or even assign them as attributes within nodes.
Overall, it seems like a pretty flexible approach. It still would be nice for DCTs to be generated from XSDs, but one thing at a time I guess.
Drew