Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Synch with ADS
ddawson
When synchronizing a linked Microsoft LDAP OU I am not able to see the users for a sub group of a Domain Local Security group. I am looking through both the Library Manager and the webapp. Is it possible to leverage "groups within groups" for security? If so, how do you get them to recognized by WorkSiteMP.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dbguy
First let me state my understanding of groups within groups: Group A has John, and Paul as members. Group B has Ringo and George, and also Group A. In this case John and Paul are effective members of B.
WorkSite MP does not handle groups within groups in its trustee tree. However, when importing from an LDAP source that does, we flatten the subgroups. In the example above, you would end up with John, Paul, George and Ringo as direct members of Group B in the MP trustee tree.
This feature was added in one of the 3.1 hot fixes. Please contact support to obtain the latest hot fix.
ddawson
That's a much better explanation of Groups in Groups...I've applied hotfix B5 and retried with no love. I am working with support and will update the forum as soon as I get a response.
ddawson
After installing the hotfix B5 I was able to successfully see all of the UID's in my Groups within Groups scenario.
A couple things to be sure of:
- execute the upgraded Library Manager (hotfix B5) application, I originally used a local copy that linked to my upgraded server, rather than execute the Library Manager from the server
- be sure that all groups used in this scenario have been imported and synchronized