Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
default email map behavior
NathansDIS
I am wondering about the default behavior for mapping a teamsite user iD to an email address. We are using TeamSite 6.1 on Windows 2000. If I enter a user in the .uid file as dis\rhonda, but do not make an entry in the email_map.cfg file, how does teamsite handle emailing a notification to the user? Does TeamSite simply not attempt to send an email to the user or ?
I think I know what the default behavior may be, but the comment entries in the documentation are unclear. Any help, info, etc is much appreciated.
Regards,
Nathan
Washington DIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
If you are using template based email...
First checks for an entry in email_map.cfg and uses that
If all else fails it will try to send it to userid@mailserver
IE rhonda@[mailserver entry in iw.cfg]
John Cuiuli
NathansDIS
Thx Johnny-
That explains the weird behavior we were seeing...
Adam Stoller
The behavior for iwsend_mail.ipl (using a different email_map.cfg [sigh]) is the same as you describe for template based email.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com