Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy and CVS
MarkWh
Hi,
I have a requirement to get openDeploy to deploy from a CVS repository rather than a TeamSite one. How to I go about this? I thought I could use adapters but as far as I can see from the documentation these are only available at the target end.
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Assuming that you have a filesystem path available to reference the CVS repository - you should be able to just use that without any need for an adaptor. (remember to add filters to avoid deploying 'CVS' directories)
(assuming that CVS is running on the same machine as the OD BaseServer)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
oda_plugin.jpg
MarkWh
Thanks for that.....I know how I can get a filestore "mirror" of the current version in CVS, but I am not sure how I can get a filestore copy of a particular labelled version unless I run a command to get that version in filestore. It would be nice if CVS produced a virtual filestore like TeamSite, but I am not sure how to do that. One idea I did have was if I used a dummy deployment to not do anything, but attach an adapter to go and get a particular version from CVS. I could then chain this with a further deployment that deployed the files from CVS somewhere else. Does this sounds plausible?
Adam Stoller
if you're using OD 5.6, you might be able to do the setup with a dnrDeploymentJob script
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Fyi, OpenDeploy 6 (due out at the end of the month) has a new "payload adapter framework" feature, with which you can build a CVS adapter. Here's a description of the feature:
Payload adapter: The OpenDeploy Base Server can be integrated with an arbitrary source repository via a payload adapter, which is executed in process at the start of a deployment job. Parameters or query structures are passed to the adapter from the deployment configuration. The adapter is responsible for preparing a payload of files, which is returned to the Base Server, compared with the targets, and deployed or deleted as appropriate.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com