Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCT in a DCT
Bhargav Coca
Every one knows that there can be any number of Presentation templates ( *.tpl's) for one datacapture.cfg. I was wondering if there can be two DCT's for one complex template. Say for example., i have a DCT with fewer items and at the end i have a button which pops up a DCT with some more items, can i accomplish some thing like this. Please anyone let me know how one can do this.
Thanks
Jessica
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I suugest that you read about Form API and decide if it could do the trick that you want.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
jbonifaci
I really question why you would need to do this? Having multiple presentation templates/output files for one DCT is logical. I'm curious why you would want multiple DCTs in one DCT? Why not just make them one? Are you going to reuse the component/child DCRs that you create from the parent DCR in other parent DCRs, or is it just going to be a 1:1 relationship from parent/child DCR? You didn't really mention anything about reuse, so I'm assuming it's 1:1, in which case I'm really curious why you think you need 2 separate DCTs/DCRs for one piece of content? It sounds like you could be making your design more complicated than it needs to be...
dashboard eclipse.JPG
dashboard embedded.JPG
dashboard.rptdesign
chuckles
There are any number of ways to approach this, but unfortunately nothing that is directly supported through TeamSite. You can easily load data from another DCR using the <iw_load_dcr> tag or through API calls. I've had situations where we needed to just grab all DCRs in a given directory to put into the output which can be automated and I've had situation where we provide a browse button to let the author choose a specific DCR to import into another DCR. Neither or these methods is very smooth and can cause some synchronization issues or confuse users, so I would recommed you consider another approach, but that being said I have implemented this successfully in the past.