Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Migration from Dev to QA
GBS
What is the best way to migrate the WorkSite environment from DEV to QA or PROD without having to re-doing them. Like Creating workspace templates, users, groups, roles etc.,
We have created so many workspace templates in our DEV environment, that it will take considerable time to re-create them manually, which is not an efficient way anyway.
I can think of writing a sql script to extract the data from the tables and insert them into the new environment. But, worksite does not recommend dealing with the tables directly.
Being new to WorkSite, I do not know if there is an easy way to do this, as is possible in other content management systems.
I appreciate the responses.
GBS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
No that I've tried but would using the monitor program to transfer the files across to 2 environment work?
Personly I get the support department here to recreate them manualy as it's good practice for them :-)
Plus it does give you an opportunity to test the documentation.
Richard
This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.
GBS
Monitor program can be used to relocate documents from one WorkSite database to another. I don't think that we can use the monitor program to relocate WorkSpace templates, users, groups and roles.
Thanks