Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwcp doesnt overwrite the existing file
apsmiles
Hi,
I want to copy a file from a directory in one workarea to the same directory (even the directory str is same) in another workarea. I am using iwcp of TS 6.5 on a solaris box. So, the first time I am copying the file using the absolute path (from /default/main/branch....) it is getting copied. But the next time i am trying to copy it, it throws an error, saying OPERATION not permitted (This is the case when I haven't edited the dcr). But even if I edit the dcr and I am trying to copy it, it throws the same error. I also tried passing the absolute iwmnt path, that also isn't permitted.
I also tried using unix cp hoping that it would overwrite the existing file, but neither the command overwrite nor did it preserve the extended attributes of the dcr file.
Can somebody help me with some workaround. I definately dont want to remove the already existing file and then copy my current file.
Thanks in advance,
Anil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You might want to look at these two posts/threads (
1
,
2
) - however, in your case since you are saying that the
area-relative path
to the file is
identical
at both the source and target sides of the copy, I'd suggest you try using
iwupdate
rather than
iwcp
and perhaps you'll be able to avoid this problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com