Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
available_templates.cfg
System
The last time I had to set up workflow rules using the standard tools there was no available_templates.cfg - only available_templates.ipl. Since then I've been doing that business logic in .net or Java instead. Now I'm reading the scanty documentation on available_templates.cfg and based on that I can't see how to accomplish what I need to do without creating multiple <template> elements for the same workflow model (I sure wish they would use consistent terminology in their coding, training materials and documentation, but that's another rant).
I need to configure available_templates.cfg such that the workflow is active for specific users on specific branches and for other users on other branches, but not for the same users on the other users' branches and not for the other users' on the first users' branch. Is this possible without multiple <template> elements?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Wow, that was a mouthful. Try saying that 5 times fast! Anyway, I don't think thats possible without multiple template definitions, and even then I wonder if it will combine them anyway and do the wrong thing - unless you name the workflows differently.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
****, I didn't think about the potential for merging. Can someone from Interwoven jump in on this thread with the definitive answer on this issue? This is Widows so I can't just symlink and name. I was thinking I could put together my own XML config and have the .wft parse that and die if there's no match, but then the template is available in the UI when it shouldn't be which can be confusing for users.
nipper
>I need to configure available_templates.cfg such that the workflow is active for specific users on specific branches and for other
>users on other branches, but not for the same users on the other users' branches and not for the other users' on the first users' branch.
>Is this possible without multiple <template> elements?
Certainly would be a nice feature request.
About the only thing in the mean time is to preprocess your WF & bounce out if wrong person/branch combo
or multiple wft files, might not be horrible if you have a config branch & opendeploy the changes out.
Migrateduser
It *looks* like it works properly (at least for my immediate requirements) when the same .wft appears in multiple <template_file> elements (I am using different "names" though; not sure if that makes a difference). Still I would like a difinitive answer from Interwoven (no I don't have support access) and would also prefer to avoid all this duplicated rubbish in available_templates.cfg.
Adam Stoller
You could create multiple entries for the same WFT -
<template_file name="WF1" path="custom/mywft.wft">
<command_list>
<!-- ... -->
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value="author" include="yes" allusers="no"/>
<role value="all" include="no" allusers="yes"/>
</role_list>
<user_list>
<user value="user1" include="yes"/>
<user value="user2" include="yes"/>
<user value="all" include="no"/>
</user_list>
<branch_list>
<branch value="/default/main/BR1" include="yes"/>
<branch value="all" include="no"/>
</branch_list>
</template_file>
<template_file name="WF2" path="custom/mywft.wft">
<command_list>
<!-- ... -->
</command_list>
<role_list>
<role value="author" include="yes" allusers="no"/>
<role value="all" include="no" allusers="yes"/>
</role_list>
<user_list>
<user value="user3" include="yes"/>
<user value="user4" include="yes"/>
<user value="all" include="no"/>
</user_list>
<branch_list>
<branch value="/default/main/BR2" include="yes"/>
<branch value="all" include="no"/>
</branch_list>
</template_file>
<!-- ... -->
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
Apparently you already thought of what I suggested - I don't see any way around it short of a feature request for the ability to specify more complex logical operations within available_templates.cfg (and process them within available_templates.ipl)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bboyle
a feature request for "roles" would probably be better than making the config more complex. then you could just make the workflow available to the role and put the relevant users in that role ... as long as roles could be assigned to a user per branch and/or workarea, I think ...
isn't support for custom roles supposedly coming ...?
Adam Stoller
Custom roles has been planned for quite some time now - it may be coming soon and if so, will hopefully resolve a number of these issues ... though I'm sure there will be some that aren't resolved by it as well as a few new issues that will arise because of it.... but that's the nature of the beast.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com