Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Visual Format Options
awgolk
I currently have a drop down list that appears in the Visual Format editor. Is it possible to only have this option appear for certain templates?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
yes, specify a vfe config file for the item, and set that config file to include/not include this thing.
awgolk
I have the option already made in the visualformatconfig.xml file, the problem is I need to allow enable/disable only for certain users. I have looked through the documentation and can not find anywhere where you specify a list of uses to enable/disable a command for.
Migrateduser
Yes Interwoven doesn't handle user preferences very weill. I think your only option is to use allowed tags - have multiple textareas with different configs for the same item. It rocks.
awgolk
Do you know where I can specify this? I am guess it is somewhere in the vf config file.
Migrateduser
In the DCT.
ela
You add it in your templating form, see the templating developers guide for details and examples.
You would also need to create an extra visualformat config file, if you haven't already done that, and refer to this in the textareas which are to contain the new function.
I haven't used this myself, since there seemed to be a bug in earlier TeamSite versions, so the allowed tag didn't work.
Eldbjoerg
lhdavis
To expand on this statement, the <allowed> tags are in the DCT.
Were you asking for that or where the custom visualformat options were set and how that is set up/matched to a specific DCT and <allowed> section?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
awgolk
I created a new visualformatconfig.xml file, and added my option to this. Next I went to the textarea definition in the DCR and added external-editor-config="visualformatconfig_new.xml". After I restarted the server everything worked perfectly.
Thanks for the help