Using TS 5.5.2, Win2K
I am trying to determine if I should use DataDeploy or write a custom script to perform my deployments of content from TS into a SQL server database. I have never used DataDeploy, therefore I am trying to find out as much as I can about it. In addition, at the company I work for, we are in the process of migrating to TS 6.1, does this migration have any influence on using DataDeploy, if so can someone explain. We will continue to use OpenDeploy 5.6.
Does DD 5.5.2 work with TS 6.1?
Why does the datacapture6.0 DTD not contain the database element, as it did in 5?
Is it possible to deploy content from one DCT field to many different tables?
Is it possible to deploy content from one DCT field to many different columns in different tables, and possibly creating many rows?
Any specific reasons why I should or should not use DataDeploy instead of writing custom scripts to deploy content from TS to a SQL server database?
Also, I will need to call stored procedures as part of the deployment, and that we may be limited to "only" stored procedures as opposed to direct SQL insert/update statements. Does this affect the decision to use DataDeploy?
Rey
Edited by Rey on 09/29/04 06:45 AM (server time).