Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems Getting TS Templating Client to work
gartmorefunds
I am trying to install the TS Templating Client on a PC running Win XP Pro, but when I do it, and click on the icon, the only option that comes up is to exit the program! Also, when I try to access the templating client from TS 5.5.2 using the "New Data Record" option from the "File" dropdown, it tells me that a new version exists and must be installed before continuing. I have tried this twice, but with the same results.
We have this client running on other PCs in our company, so I'm not sure why it is failing on this one. Any suggestions?
- Joe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Joe,
Wondering -- are you running SP2?
Dave
Migrateduser
Are you talking about the Java templating client? If so, do you have the option of moving to the CGI/JSP client?
gartmorefunds
Yes, this is the Java templating client, which we have been using for several years. We have it working on the other machines that are running XP PRo. However, I believe that we upgraded these machines AFTER the templating client was installed. As far as SP2, the answer is yes.
When I install the templating client then run it directly, all I get is the option in the "File" menu to just exit the program!
OK, good news. I went on one of the machines and in the "View" drop-down I selected "Change Templating UI" and then went to reinstall the templating client and it worked. I will try it on the machine in question, then let you know if that was the problem.
Thanks for triggering my brain cells with the prior post.
- Joe
Edited by gartmorefunds on 09/30/04 07:10 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
I assume you know this, but just to be sure: The java templating client is at end-of-life. It is not available in TeamSite 6.
regards,
lissa