Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite on public Internet
dirk
Hi,
We have a requirement to make our Teamsite 5.5.2 SP5 (on windows 2000) available to the public Internet. Obviously I need to configure SSL for this, but since there are a few mod_ssl vulnerabilities out there I was wondering if teamsite is also affected by them. Our teamsite version uses Apache/1.3.27 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.8.9 OpenSSL/0.9.6e. Is there a way to upgrade Apache to the latest version?
IW recommends VPN, but this is not really possible. Also restricting access to the IP based on the clients IP is not possible, since a lot of our users are on dial up connections
Do you have any recommendation on how to configure Teamsite safely?
many thanks
Dirk
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I believe you can configure whatever version of Apache you want on a "proxy" box in front of the teamsite server to forward requests, then open the firewall between those boxes on the required ports. I think that way TeamSite is still protected and you don't have to mess with the obsolete Apache build that ships with the product.
dirk
That would mean some kind of a reverse Proxy scenario where an Apache is listening on 443 and is forwarding all requests to the iwwebd on port 80. And only 443 would be open to the public Internet.
Does anyone have experience if that would work with teamsite?
Thanks
Dirk