Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCRs not locked on output edit?
System
W2KSP3, iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 20638 Interwoven 20030604
When I edit a templated output file through Webdesk Pro, the DCR does not get locked. This seems pretty weird - the lock on the output file should not matter since it is a generated file, only the lock on the DCR should matter. If the system does not lock the DCR, another user could edit another file generated from the same DCR which could cause lost work.
Is this a bug, a known issue, a desirable behaviour, or is this something specific to our server/my master role on the system? I could see it as desirable because users typically don't know to unlock DCRs and I don't want to unlock or explain how, but the potential for lost work seems to outweigh this concern.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe this is part of a known bug that was fixed in 6.1 (SP1?) - at least the instance I was aware of was that even if the DCR *is* locked, another user could edit the DCR through the generated file, modify it, save it, and the DCR would remain locked by the original user - that was in 5.5.2 SP2b - not sure if it was ever fixed in later SPs for 5.5.2.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I don't have access to support...how can I research this?
6.1 is so far from being an option here it's a joke (build date on our current botch appears to be 20030604).