Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Predcessor Task problem
ruler
Geeks,
Is there any way to know what the predecesso task is from a active task?.
I am on TS 5.5.2 sp 2.
Any help will be appreciated greatly.
thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Calling Nipper a geek is not exactly the way to get an answer from him. But I'll take a stab at it...
From Webster's New World Dictionary:
predecessor:
before
So, genius, you might want to consider the predecessor task the one that came
before
the active task. Good thing for you I'm not a contractor or a bill for 2 weeks work + OT would be in your mailbox.
By the way, I'm well aware that I only answered the question he asked, not the question he meant to ask. Perhaps a little respect would have earned the answer to what he really was looking for. But I'm sure someone else will handle that.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
>Calling Nipper a geek is not exactly the way to get an answer from him. But I'll take a stab at it...
yea but I can call myself a geek if I want
>So, genius, you might want to consider the predecessor task the one that came before the active task. Good thing for you
>I'm not a contractor or a bill for 2 weeks work + OT would be in your mailbox.
Another entry in the Smitty archive of How to won friends & influence people.
so tape measure, you may want to re ask your question possibily with a use case. You will still be the
**** of jokes, but there probably be an answer hidden somewhere there.
me
Migrateduser
I think you could look at the output of iwgetwobj for that task's job ID and pick up the task attribute of /workflow/events/event[
@name=
'TaskInactivate'][position()=last()] or something.
Migrateduser
If the real question is, "How do I determine which task(s) caused this task to become activated?", then there is no simple answer -- in general. That is because a single task may have more than one immediate predecessor, and it can have complex activation. A task can be activated by the normal completion of one or more tasks, or by a timeout or failure of a task.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Migrateduser
Perhaps if there was some sort of visual workflow interface, sort of like what a Visio style drawing might look like, people would easily be able to see an active workflow's path. I might add this is something people have always requested at Focus Groups and Interwoven has said every time they are looking into it, but it has never evolved beyond that.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
bboyle
"Perhaps if there was some sort of visual workflow interface ..."
We got something called "Workflow Plus Pack" from Consulting as part of our purchase. It includes a custom menu command that lists all active jobs and allows you to see which task is active etc. I think it uses a java applet. See attached screenshot.
bboyle
****, pressed the wrong "Continue" button on the attachment screen
Adam Stoller
Smitty knows about the PlusPack - and will no doubt regail you with complaints about it costing additional money and not being part of the actual product purchase - and that it's not supported by Engineering - it's only semi-supported by Interwoven's CSO (more fully by certain members)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Am I that predictable?
Everything Ghoti said is accurate and it is
so
irritating that the stuff you would get in the Plus Pak isn't part of the TeamSite product. And I wonder as TeamSIte changes if the people who buy the ridiculously expensive Plus Paks have to pay more to have consulting come back and re-install the stuff in their upgrades or if that is free. Regardless, there's no possible way I'd even approach my management to buy it - I would fight them if they even wanted to buy it. It shouldn't cost anything extra. They have had years and years to build this into the product, and so many customers have asked for it. Still nothing.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
bboyle
Fair comments and I would agree it seems pretty standard functionality one would expect OOTB.
Workflow audit trail was a requirement of ours (being a government organisation, they love words like that) and workflow plus was included to meet that requirement.
Have already encountered the support (complete lack of) issue and had not thought product upgrades might cause issues, which I sincerely hope they do not!
Installation was fairly simple on 552 platform and if not the same on 6 well ... cross that bridge when we come to it. Or fall in the ravine. It's all good.
Migrateduser
Well good luck when 6.5 comes out if you somehow don't lose functionality with 6.1. If you think about it, since TeamSite 4.2 there have been no useful major upgrades to the workflow process at all. Workflow Builder was a monumental failure. They added some new email options and a new task for nesting workflows. Whoopie. The one thing everyone in Focus Groups has asked for from workflow is what the Plus Pak provides. You'd think in the last 4 years they would have just put a little effort into doing something other than doing nothing. Obviously the consultants came up with something - I wonder who's nickel paid for them coming up with the Plus Pak that customers now have to pay for to get?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com