Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Windows 2000 Prof or Server
ijpn
I am very new to Interwoven.
I saw the following info from Admin manual -Under Software requirement for Team site server.
Team site system specification
Windows 2000
is Windows 2000 Professional ?
or
Windows 2000 server
or any one among those 2 will be OK
Thanks in Advance
ijpn
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe it will work with either of those - but if you want an official response you'd be better off going through support
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lhdavis
In the past I have been told by support that only W2K Server is "officially" supported. I did check the compatibility matrix and it does not specify if it's W2K Professional or Server, only gives the SP level. It also says that TS6.1 is supported on Windows 2003 Server.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
ijpn
Thank you lhdavis san and ghoti san for your reply.
Did Interwoven is monitoring this forums?.
If yes, i hope will get the reply soon
-ijpn
iwovGraduate
Some people who respond to these forums are IWOV employees.
As ghoti mentioned, you woul d probably get a faster response by calling support. I wouldn't want to wait for days for somebody to read my post when the answer could be just 11 digits away
In my experience TS (5.5.2. Haven't tried 6.x) works on w2k Prof but is not a supported platform.
Which TS version are you using or considering to use ? I can bet TS v 2.1 is not supported for w2k Prof or Svr
smenon
TeamSite is certified on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and not W2K Professional because the Advanced Server offers more reliablity and scalability including support for a clustered environment.. It "should" work on Windows 2000 Professional, but it is not recommended nor officially certified. We'll update the documentation to be more specific.
ijpn
Thanks for the simple and stright forward answer. Hoping for the change in the next documents.
-ijpn
Edited by ijpn on 06/16/04 05:02 PM (server time).