Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy Not Returning Expected Results
jajtiii
I am creating an XML file with DD and it is doing something odd that I am thinking might be a quirk with DataDeploy.
I run the following query in something like SQL+ and it works exactly as expected :
select qa_instant_news.title, qa_content.body, qa_grid.dcrname
from qa_instant_news, qa_content, qa_grid
where qa_instant_news.EXPIREDATETIME > CURRENT_DATE AND
qa_instant_news.LAUNCHDATETIME < CURRENT_DATE
The key with this query is the comparison of the expired date, launch date and the CURRENT_DATE. When I run it from sql+, it compares down to the minute. But, when DataDeploy runs it, it ignores the hours and minutes, only comparing YYYY/MM/DD. To reiterate, the exact same query run in sql+ produces different results when run through DD.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
thx,
jones
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Just a thought, reaching back into the dim recesses of my mind where I once used DataDeploy more frequently than I do today ... isn't there somewhere that you specify the data-format for date-fields in DataDeploy (or in <database> elements in DCTs)?
If so - did you specify the format down to the minute in that format string?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jajtiii
Thanks for the response, but (as mentioned) the query runs fine from SQL+ (therefore the data is going into the tables as hoped). But, you are correct and I have checked the settings just in case. In the DCT, the data is in the following format :
<database data-type="DATE" data-format="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm"/>
In the dd cfg file, it is represented as such :
<column name="launchDateTime" data-type="DATE" value-from-field="launchDateTime" data-format="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
(the allow null, as a side, is something that needs to be fixed, but unrelated to this issue (by my understanding, at least))
For some reason, Oracle does a different operation with the query when passed from DD vs being passed from SQL+ (that is the rub and I am hoping someone might provide some light on this issue)
jajtiii
Fixed it by changing CURRENT_DATE to SYSDATE....
No idea why i was receiving those odd results...sorry for bothering the good folks here.