Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite for Linux
gzevin
I suggest to use this topic for any discussions or issues when using TeamSite for Linux.
I have just installed TeamSite on the X/OS Linux (it's a free RHEL clone), which runs in VMWARE on my notebook. It was a pretty good install experience, no major problems, except that I forgot to copy UVFS into a proper directory (for some reason, it's not a part of the install script). Also, I had clashes on port 443, so I switched it off.
now I can do TeamSite work in a Unix environment, even when I am on the road.. nice!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
megamala
Greg,
Is it supporting VFE?
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.1 on Solaris
iwovGraduate
If you use IE as your client browser.
VFE is not supported for Mozilla.
megamala
Greg,
I have seen compatibility matrix 6.1 Linux in support site. It the support site it mentioned that it doesn't support VFE. Does it support multiple backing store?
TIA
MM Guptha
TS5.0.1 on Solaris
smenon
TeamSite 6.1 for Linux is a Workgroup Edition and does not support multi-store. Visual Format ships with the product and does work, but it has not been fully certified which is why it is listed as un-supported in the compatibility matrix. However, we are working on recertifying the Linux version for Visual Format this quarter.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Bill Klish
Greg,
I too have TS 6.1 for linux running in vmware on my laptop, but I installed it on Redhat 9.0 with no problems at all during the install.
However, when I did the install I didn't pay attention to needing to add UVFS. I haven't had time to go back to it yet, but was curious what the proper directory for UVFS is, so I don't waste time when I do get to it.
iwovGraduate
Its well documented :-
<iw-home>/kernel/fs
gzevin
yep, and ALL files, including binaries need to be copied there.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU