Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VIEW CALLOUT OPTIONS in TS 6.1
maxx
Hi,
I see a difference in behavior while viewing a DCR in 6.1 and 5.5.2 In 5.5.2 while viewing the DCR the user selected options in a callout for a dropdown menu or a select menu is brought up to the top of the list and can be seen by the user. In 6.1 although the the options are selected, they are not brought up the list to be seen by the user in VIEW mode.
eg. For a callout in a drop down menu of A-Z options, if a user selects M and X while editing the DCR, teamsite 6.1 does not bump up M and X to the top of the list in VIEW DCR mode. What the user sees is a read only drop down/select option list. The options are not seen at the top of the list and the user is unable to scroll down the list due to it being in VIEW mode. He is able to view the selections in EDIT mode as the scroll works.
Any thoughts/suggestions as to this behavior ? Some of my colleagues have suggested a teamsite user interface tweak. Any ideas?
Regards,
Maxx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Maxx,
I dunno, I kinda prefer it that way. There's something to be said for consistency and, as **** as I am, I didn't care for options M and X being essentially duplicated at the top of the drop-down. Obviously, you're referring to a multi-select. I admit I haven't worked with multi-selects yet in 6.1, but from what you're saying, I gather it highlights them but they may or may not be visible without a scroll (which is not possible in VIEW mode, of course). In single-select, I prefer the way it looks in v6.x.
Curious, why would a user necessarily want to see all options available when just in VIEW mode?
Dave
maxx
Hi Dave,
Yes Dave.. You are right, I am referring to a multi-select. The options get highlighted but they may or may not be visible without a scroll depending on their position in the multiselect.
Without going in to edit the file, the user cannot see what values were selected. TS 552 did not show the callout selection fields in "View" mode. It only showed those values which were actually selected.
It is a request by the users to be able to see those selected options when they view the dcr again, not a show stopper but just food for thought. Since this is a feature of 552 that has not been ported over to 6.1, maybe i can get more inputs on how this can be resolved.
regards,
maxx
Migrateduser
I see -- for multiselects then it's very important to see the values that were selected. Maybe when it's in VIEW mode, they can display the selected items in plain text instead of in a disabled multi-select field.
Dave
maxx
hey,
Anybody has another suggestion as to how we can have a workaround on this. ?
maxx
Adam Stoller
As I believe I responded to the same post in another forum: Contact Support and file a bug on it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com