Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Current logged in users
ash_01
Is anyone aware of a command similar to 'iwrecentusers' that shows the currently logged in/active users ?
I can't seem to find any command, or any way of doing this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
To the best of my knowledge there never has and probably never will be a way to do that. The connections to the server are, I believe, stateless - someone can be logged in for over a day and not do anything, another person can be logged in and close their browser window (without logging out) but they still have a cookie on their machine, so if they bring up another browser and go to their TS server they'll be taken to where they were when they were last in TeamSite - without going through the login screen again.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Johnny
Content Services may hold some information about active sessions.
If that was available, it might give you some indicator...
John Cuiuli
brandon1
The best you can do is parse access_log. This shows all files accessed by any user who has or maybe is using Teamsite. There is a TimeStamp placed on this file (a TeamSite image/jsp/etc) access. Granted this will never be 100% accurate but is it a more reliable listing of users who have used Teamsite on a certain day or within a time range on a specific day. I have written a script to parse this log on a Solaris machine. I can attach it if it will be useful.
Current Project: TS 5.5.2 to 6.1 Solaris, Content Services implementation
Migrateduser
Yikes, what's the performance like on this script, though? I cringe when I hear of a script accessing the file system so frequently.
Dave
brandon1
It is fairly quick, meant to be batch script. We branch the access_log file each day. The script is PERL and slurps the file into an array runs through and counts the times it sees the user in the file. The most recent file I just processed had 8000 lines and was processed in ~ 1 sec. IMOP adding a time range etc should not increase process time by much.
Content Services implementation
nipper
Please do attach, I would love to give this a test drive.
Andy
brandon1
Here ya go...
Written for Solaris..
It takes absolute path to file as only parameter
Current Project: Content Services implementation
nipper
Thanks, getting nothing when I run it (feeding the access_log)
What is it looking for ? Can you cut & paste the part of the log
it is trying to find ?
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated.
Andy
brandon1
What version of Teamsite are you on? If it is not 6.x than the log format for access_log is different. It does not have user name in the format. Sorry I neglected to say that before.
Current Project: Content Services implementation
nipper
oops, minor detail. 552
Thanks, Andy
ash_01
thanks for the posts everyone, much appreciated.
i had a feeling parsing the access_log was the only way
oh well...
thanks again!