Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Does TeamSite 6.1 support iwtemplates.cfg?
System
I can not find a "New File" option in either ccstd or ccpro under file actions list. Does TeamSite still support "New File" templates configured using iwtemplates.cfg? I have tried to copy my TeamSite 5.5.2 iwtemplates.cfg into TeamSite 6.1.under iw-home/local/config and nothing happened.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The New File option still exists under the File menu in CCPro - at least when you're within a workarea.
In CCStd it looks like you have to import the file.
The manuals still seem to document the iwtemplates.cfg file - though I'm not sure if they still work (I don't have such a file on my system, and see no prompt for selecting a template when choosing File > New File in CCPro)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Yeah...there is a "New File" option in ccpro. But with my iwtemplates.cfg and my Templates folder in place, no prompt for selecting a template showed up. It simply gave me a blank "New File.txt".
Adam Stoller
contact support - my guess is that they [silently] discontinued support for it and will consider it a bug that it's still referenced in the manual - but maybe they'll see it as a bug in the product...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
smenon
The File menu has both a new File and a new form option. Selecting the new Form option provides you with a list of available templates.
gzevin
I think I asked a similar question in the early stages of TS 6. The answer was this is by design, but one could easily make that option thru UITK
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
smenon
- "New Form" is TST which uses DCTs/DCRs/PTs
The question was with regard to pre-TST-style templates (e.g. HTML templates) which were controlled via the iwtemplates.cfg and which is documented in the manuals but *apparently* *not* supported in the UI (OOTB if at all).
Since you have no signature on your posts and no profile on DevNet - I cannot tell what company / role you represent - but if you can find a TeamSite 3.0.1 manual you can probably find out a lot more about this functionality (which has been "supported" and "documented" ever since) - it now looks like it is *just* documented and not supported.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
smenon
I mis-understood the question and I realize that what was being asked has to do with the old iwtemplates feature. We dropped support for that feature in TS 6.0 and Greg points out, it qualifies for an excellent custom menu-item.
Unfortunately, the documentation still has a reference to this and we will fix that.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Thanks, Sunil. Is there a list of discontinued features documented anywhere with the TeamSite 6 release? I just bumped into this one and it took a few days before I found out what's going on. Yes, I know that a custom menu can be built to enable this feature. But I'm not sure if it can be done "easily" as suggested, unless Interwoven can provide us with the code.
default_date.rptdesign