Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Menu item for certain users
Annad
Hi all,
do you know if there is a way to restrict a user from seeing a certain custom menu item. I know it could be configured for roles.
I want to have a custom menu item for only some specific users.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anna.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Do not think (in 5.5x) that you can go it per person. However we get the iwuser and if it is not
a certain user, will not run the item.
Andy
ela
Take a look at this thread:
Custom Visual Format Options
. Perhaps you can do the same?
Regards,
Eldbjoerg
Adam Stoller
The thread referred to doesn't really apply - as that thread refers to options within a VFE field within a DCT - where filtering *does* exist down to the user-level.
Custom menu configuration currently does not exist to that level, only to role level, and not by branches either.
The approach that has been used in the past with, I believe, the most success, is to create 'preface code' for your custom menu item scripts that check to see if it is an allowed user in an allowed area before performing the operation. Some, I believe, have taken this further to the point where they have only a single custom menu item which determs the user/role/branch information and then presents a set of "sub" custom menu items for the user to choose from.
I believe that approach remains the only true way to get this kind of granular control over custom menu usage in TeamSite.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com