Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Best way to sync the backing store
Valentine
What is the best way to sync the backing store on production/dev servers?
OS: Solaris
Have tried rsync. Seems to be working. Can it break anything?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
open deploy would be the first thing i would say, if you have it.
John Cuiuli
Valentine
hmm.
I guess if I would use iw-store as the source, this might work.
DavidMusser
OpenDeploy for keeping the backing store in sync is great! Depending on the size of the store the first deployment takes a while, but after it is not too bad. You still have to make sure you do things like freeze the store etc, but other than that it's working great at several places I know.
- D
Johnny
I've done it both ways...
iw-store and through the VFS.
Iwstore for a true sync
and VFS for code release between environments... now with OD6 - this is supposed to be easier.
John Cuiuli