I am running TeamSite 5.5.2 on AIX. We currently have successful English spell checking on our VFE fields, but would like to enable spell checking in multiple languages.
The Ektron site says: "If the user's PC has Microsoft Word, the content can be spell checked against any foreign dictionary provided with Word", but they offer no real assistance on how exactly to do that. So, I went to the Interwoven documentation. In the Visual Format Developer's Guide for TeamSite 5.5.2:
(
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/templating/pdf/tst.vf.552.dev.pdf), I found the following suggestion:
Set the language in Microsoft Word 2000 or later. To do this, open Word and select Tools > Language > Set Language
From the rest of the documentation, I learned that this is supposed to work assuming you have the "langid" attribute in the "spellcheck" element in your VFE config file set to the default, which is 0. 0 indicates that the language should be whatever the default language is in Word. My config file currently contains the following:
<spellcheck enabled="true">
Since the attribute is not listed, it should be defaulting to 0, which means that it should be using whatever language is set as the default in Word. So, I did the following:
- I installed the French dictionary in Word (my version is Word 2002)
- I confirmed that if I set the language of particular content to French in Word, and type in mis-spelled French text, it tells me so.
- I set my default language to French in Word and retested the spellcheck and it worked
- I closed all template and Word windows
- I opened a DCR with a VFE field
- I typed in English and French content, with misspellings in both sentences.
- I executed a Spell Check
- I received appropriate errors on the English misspellings, but not on the French ones
- I opened a Word document and made no language changes (French should be my default now), then typed in misspelled French content, did a spellcheck, and it worked.
So, Word is obviously configured properly with the new dictionary and language, but VFE is not picking up on the default language. Any ideas?
--Sandra Vogt