Problems with SubmitTask in TS 6.1 CCPro
We use TeamSite 6.1, Windows 2000.
I am having some problems with the workflow submit task in the TeamSite 6.1 Content Center Professional interface. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some ideas for how to resolve it.
I have a workflow which contains (among other things) a group task, an external task, and a submit task, in that order. After someone has taken ownership of the group task and transitioned the workflow from the group task to the external task, the external task runs a Perl script which sets the owner of the submit task to the user who took ownership of the group task. I did this because I wanted the owner of the group task to see the submit task in his task list in the event of a submit conflict.
The workflow is triggered by the developer selecting some files and clicking the Submit button.
During testing, I deliberately set up a conflict situation with a file and submitted the file using the new workflow. On the TS 6.1 WebDeskPro interface, it worked fine - the group task owner was able to resolve the file conflict using the merge tool with no problems.
However, on the TS 6.1 CC Professional interface, two problems are arising:
1. After doing the merge, the user clicks the "Save" button in the upper right corner of the merge tool window, and an Error pop-up appears which says:
A RunTime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?
Line: 108
Error: A null reference pointer was passed to the stub.
Yes/No
I click "No".
2. Now the "Resolve Conflicts" window says there is No Conflict, so I click the "Retry Submit" button. I am then presented with a message in the Resolve Conflicts window that says "Cannot retry submit for Submit to TS Staging Area (75208) because the task is not active."
At this point, I close all the various windows except for the main TeamSite window. In the Workflow Job List, it clearly shows the task Submit to TS Staging Area (75208) listed under Active Tasks in the Job Details pane.
If I try to process the task again, the task details window displays the message "There are files in conflict. Resolve conflict." So I click the Resolve Conflict button. The Resolve Conflicts window appears. Under "Conflict Type", it says "No Conflict". So I click the Retry Submit button.And again I am presented with the "Cannot retry submit for . . . because the task is not active" message.
If I log out of TeamSite and log back in as a Master, I can "Retry Submit", and it works. So, I guess if everyone in the group for the group task was a Master (which ain't gonna happen), that would solve my problem...
In an attempt to diagnose the problem, I created a diagnostic workflow with just a submit task and an end task, and experimented with hardcoding in different values for the submit task owner. The problem described above exists with the diagnostic workflow, too.
I have attached my .wft file for the original workflow.
Thanks for any help you can offer!