Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Installing Content Services SDK Client v2.5
Phil
TeamSite server is v6.5 on Solaris
I was planning to create a POC application that hooks into TeamSite using the Content Services API. The development environment (BEA Weblogic Workshop) is loaded on my Windows XP SP1 workstation. I tried installing the Content Services SDK Client v2.5 for Windows on my workstation and soon realized that it is not supported on XP, only Win 2000 SP4 and Win 2003 Server.
Can someone explain where the CS SDK Client should be installed?
Thanks,
Phil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
There are two different methods for using the CSSDK.
1) SOAP
2) Local
If you want to use the soap factory, you can install the CSSDK client stuff on your XP machine (It worked okay for me)
If you want to use the local factory, then you must install it on the server machine.
If you dig through all the posts I have in the last month or so in this forum, you may find some helpful information. I went through all the same learning pains you are experiencing now.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Migrateduser
And if you don't need the factory stuff and just want to speak plain old SOAP, you don't need the SDK on the client at all. You just need to make sure that SOAP is enabled on the server, and then you can either generate a stub class (not sure what the java equivalent of the wsdl util is, but I'm sure there is one), or you can put the requests together by hand using whatever your SOAP class(es).
Phil
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will attempt to install the CSSDK Client on the Solaris TeamSite server since this is a supported platform. This should allow me to activate the SOAP server and continue making progress.
bommi
Hi Phil.,
Recently we have been assigned to develop a java application which talks to the Team site.Can you please point me to some documents / codes on how to do this?.
Please reply @
bommi_k@rediffmail.com
Thanks & Regards.,
B.Naveen Kumar