Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamically changing Replicant size
Venki
Hi,
Is it possible to dynamically change the size of a replicant list ?
I have requirement which is.. based on an user event, I should go and retrieve values from db and populate them
in the replicant item. By default I want to have the size of the replicant as 1. But then based on the values selected,
I want to vary the replicant size. Increasing the replicant size may make the DCT more cumbersome.
Even if we set replicant as min=1 and max=5, Only the element the first element that is visible could be modified usine FormAPI.
The other elements can't be changed. So, if I can somehow vary this "min" element or "default" element using FormAPI, that
would be the ideal solution.
Can anyone of you help me to solve this issue ?
I am using Teamsite version 5.5.2
Any help/workaround would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Venki
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Unfortunately, there are no FormAPI methods for manipulating replicants...
Is the user ever going to need to be able to vary the replicant size directly or should it only vary based on other choices made in the DCT? If the former, I think you might be out of luck. If the latter, I can suggest the following workaround (not real pretty). Instead of a replicant, create x containers (where x represents the number of different replicant sizes you would want. Then, have only one of those showing based on which element the user selected elsewhere. This may become problematic as you swap out what is shown and what is hidden if the user has hidden data. But, if the replicant is simple, its probably do-able.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor