Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data Deploy
Maninder_IBM
Quick Question. I want to implement Data Deploy to port our metadata from within TeamSite in to a database. Now is there any documentation (other than the manual) how I can get this set up quickly (very quickly.)
Any advice much appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gsundeep
Maninder,
Can you let us know following to help you better:
(i)TeamSite Version
(ii)OS
(ii)Data Deploy Version you want to implement
and brief about your current teamsite setup.
Thanks,
noswal
I am trying to do the same thing. I have opted to go with OpenDeploy 6.0 which has DD module. There is an admin manual called 'Database Deployment for OpenDeploy'. It has enough information for you to implement DD. OD 6.0 will be released at the end of this quarter.
Maninder_IBM
thanks for replying guys,
I have TeamSite and Templating 5.5.2 and Data deploy version 5.6. This is running on Windows 2000.
I have installed Data Deploy on the server. What I am particularly interested in is getting data deploy to extract meta data from content in to a DB2 database. I am finding the documentation a bnit overwhelming and go as far as saying it is rubbish. It start and finishes no where. Not easy to understand at all.
This is the scenario,
I have content in teamsite.
I want meta data to be posted into a DB2 db. On a on going basis to I want to capture meta tags at creation and populate a table this this info.
It seems version 6 is integrated...
marcussteiner
do you need to sync that with opendeploy or is that not required?
what content have you got in teamsite dcr's, custom dcr's or any other stuff like html or jsp's?
have you got access from teamsite to the database or is there a firewall in between?
Maninder_IBM
Well I will need to sync with Open deploy eventually. But I may also need to populate the DB with exisiting content in TeamSite already. No firewall in between. I guess I can get access from teamsite.
marcussteiner
If you like you can try the attached config file. You can trigger it with the following ctl call from any (NT) shell:
g:\iw-home\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe g:\iw-home\datadeploy\bin\iwdd.ipl cfg="g:\iw-home\datadeploy\conf\content.cfg" deployment="content_deployment" -k filelist="G:\iw-home\tmp\filelist\workflow\filelistWF_ID.lst"
NOTE: This is obviously on and NT environment plus it is a config file for dcr's. You also need to change the ddhome/conf/database.xml file according to your db settings.
Check the config file and replace all XXXX plus make the changes in the attrmap section according to your dcr's. The filelist has the relative path to the file's you want to deploy from the WORKAREA root directory. Make also sure you place the config file in the right directory. Try to sync it with OD in a later step this is advanced stuff.
Marcus
Maninder_IBM
Marcus,
can you send this as a txt file please?
Many thanks.
marcussteiner
yep
Maninder_IBM
Thanks Marcus.
Have you got an example of a cutom DTD with replicants and how you map these in the config file ? Anyone?
??
Maninder_IBM
Does anyone know how to send replicant data into a table as one record? Currently each replicant item for the meta data is a row in the database itself. Can this data be stores as one row?
marcussteiner
show your config file
Maninder_IBM
config and corresponding xml
Maninder_IBM
xml