Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email-check
Noble
Is it possible to check if an email-address already exists in the database?
I sometimes get this error message:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004014F): [Folders ][Update ]This email address is already in use
when I try to create a new workspace.
If I can check whether an email address is already in use by another folder, then I can do something about it. (Like adding a prefix.)
Something like:
if (email-address already exist and it is in use by another folder) {
docFolder.EmailPrefix = "something that makes it unique";
}
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
You should be able to do a reverse lookup using the SearchFolders Method to search by the foldersearchparameter, imFolderEmail. This search attribute id takes the value of folder.EmailPrefix. Like so:
IManFolderSearchParameters parms = oDMS.CreateFolderSearchParameters();
parms.Add(imFolderAttributeID.imFolderEmail, "<EmailPrefix>");