Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
allow multiple groups access to TeamSite workarea
NathansDIS
Hello All-
I have a question about permissions on workareas in TS 6.1. We are running on Windows 2000 server, TeamSite 6.1 w/o SP.
Is it possible to have more than one security group have access to a single TeamSite workarea? I have granted the second group access to the workarea via the Y: drive, but the properties in teamsite only show the group originally granted access when the workarea was created. If I look at the workarea in Content Center Professional, the user can see and enter the workarea without any issues. However, if I look at the workarea in Content Center Standard, there isn't a workarea shown. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any info, suggestions, tips much appreciated.
Regards,
Nathan Sunderman
Washington DIS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
AFAIK there can only be one group associated with a workarea (hmmm, sounds like a Unix OS limitation affected the Windows TeamSite architecture). I believe nested groups are supported though - can you make one group to associate with the workarea, with this group containing the other two groups?
Migrateduser
TeamSite only supports one level of group nesting, so that wouldn't be a good way to go.
I've had to do similar things to this in the past, where for instance, a large group of people need read access to some of the files but a smaller group needs write access. The answer is to put everyone in the group that is the group for sharing for the workarea, then using filesystem permissions, give the smaller group greater permissions. I've only done that on Windows, obviously it's a little harder to model with the unix group model. I would assume though that you can use Solaris ACLs to do the same sort of thing.
NathansDIS
Thanks for the info guys, the general group to share the workarea is the way we are going to go. What makes things complicated is we now want to lock down security on the files in the workarea when the original plan was to give everyone access.
-Nathan