I am trying to update my workarea with an old publish edition. For this
I
am getting the contents of each file attached to my wf into a temporary
workarea and then doing a submit from that temporary workarea.
I am accomplishing these tasks by running:
1. iwupdate CLT using the following code:
foreach my $file (
@files) {
$stderr = `$iwcmd_update -w "$rollback_edition/$file"
"$temp_workarea/$file" 2>&1`;
$dret = $CHILD_ERROR >> 8;
log_note("NOTICE: (SUBMITING (from workarea $rollback_edition)) $file")
if
( $DEBUG );
finish_task( "POSSIBLE ERROR ($dret) $iwcmd_update -w
\"$rollback_edition/$file\" \"temp_workarea/$file\" ($stderr)" ) if (
$dret
);
debug("$dbgAlways", "*** UPDATE COMMAND:From $rollback_edition/$file ->
$temp_workarea/$file \n");
debug("$dbgAlways", "*** UPDATE COMMAND:From $dret \n");
}
2. Then I use the iwsubmit CLT to update my STAGING from the temporary
workarea using:
foreach my $file (
@files) {
$stderr = `$iwcmd_submit -w -u "$temp_workarea/$file"
"submitting file" 2>&1`;
$dret = $CHILD_ERROR >> 8;
log_note("NOTICE: (SUBMITING (from workarea
$temp_workarea))
$file") if ( $DEBUG );
finish_task( "POSSIBLE ERROR ($dret) $iwcmd_submit -x -u
\"$temp_workarea/$file\" \"submitting file\" ($stderr)" ) if ( $dret );
debug("$dbgAlways", "*** Submit COMMAND:From $temp_workarea
$file to STAGING\n");
}
The problem that I am getting into is that the 1st CLT is not updating
the
temporary workarea from an earlier edition, instead the file's old copy
already present in the temporary workarea is being submitted in Step
2(above) to submit to staging area. Thus I end up with the copy of file
in
the temporary area, while I intend to use the most recent which is in
the
publish area.
Please help on this.
I am using Win2K,TeeamSite 6.x