Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy
rzunig1
Does anyone know how OpenDeploy transfers data to the specified servers? I was told it was not via FTP, so I would like to know how then.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The protocol is not publicly documented. If you have some reason that you really need to know about it, you'll have to sniff the wire and figure it out for yourself. Is there a specific question you are trying to answer, or are you just curious?
rzunig1
Well, it's kinda for curiosity, but mostly because I've been asked by the customer that I support, which uses TeamSite and OpenDeploy, and I didn't have an answer, and thought that I should at least be able to answer that question for them.
(Sorry, I should have posted this in the "OpenDeploy Product Line" forum, if someone can move it there, that would be great.)
Edited by rzunig1 on 01/24/05 01:59 PM (server time).
Adam Stoller
The answer is that it basically transfers content using TCP/IP sockets, with or without SSL encryption (configured by customer).
As stated the protoctol for the communications handshake, etc. are proprietary.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rzunig1
Thank you, that helps, at least I have something to tell the customer.